Effective date: 19 September 2019
The Coalition for Urban Transitions respects the privacy of our visitors and users and recognises the importance of protecting the information we collect about you.
Information We Collect
By using the Services, we may collect personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) about you, such as your name, email address, username, phone number, title, employer, and the content you or other people provide through the Services.
We may also collect the following categories of information through your use of the Services (“Usage Information”): browser information, hardware model, operating system, IP address, the time you access the Services, and type of content you view or engage with while using the Services.
Collectively, Usage Information and Personal Information are referred to as “information.”
Why We Collect This Information
We collect information about you to help make the Services more useful to you. This includes:
- Administering and improving the Services
- Personalising your experience with the Services
- Promoting safety and security of the Services
- Contacting you about the Services
Who We Share Your Information With
We may share your information as follows:
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your information with third party service providers and contractors working on behalf of WRI who assist us in providing the Services. These service providers are only authorised to use your Personal Information to help us provide the Services to you. We do not sell or otherwise share your Personal Information with such third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- As Required or Permitted by Law. We may share your information with courts, government agencies and other third parties as required or permitted by applicable law, to comply with a subpoena or similar legal request, to enforce our policies, or to protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- Performance Reporting. We may share aggregated, anonymised Usage Information with our donors and partners to report on the utility and performance of the Services.
Security of Your Information
We have implemented commercially-reasonable, technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect your information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, if you have reason to believe that your use of the Services is no longer secure (e.g., username and password have been compromised), please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of Online Tracking Technologies
When you use the Services, we along with our third party service providers may use Usage Information to more effectively understand how the Services are used and improve the usability of our Services.
We encourage you to promptly update your Personal Information if it changes. You may correct, update, amend, remove, or ask to have your Personal Information removed by making the change on your user account settings page, if applicable, or by contacting us as detailed below.
In addition, you exercise any of the following actions at any time:
- You may opt out of receiving Coalition communications by using the unsubscribe link within each email.
- You may request information about, and access to, the personal data that we collect from you.
- You may ask questions or make complaints about our privacy and data security practices with regard to your personal data.
- You may request that we delete information that we have collected about you.
- You may ask us for a copy of the information that we collected from you.
- To exercise any of these options or for additional information about our privacy practices, contact us at email@example.com.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you the Services. We will try to comply with requests under this section as soon as reasonably practicable as required by applicable law. However, we may need to retain and use certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete any prior request, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for other purposes as required or permitted by applicable law.
Coalition for Urban Transitions
c/o World Resources Institute
10 G Street NE, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20002